Best Nest Design Competition
By Ignition Children's Festival | Posted: Monday October 28, 2019
Presented by the Ignition Children's Festival www.ignitionkids.nz
Inspired by Kimberly Andrews book Puffin the Architect, we challenge you to design the perfect home for an animal client “custom-made and clever”.
There are separate categories for early childhood centres and primary schools:
- ECEs : enter a group design you've made together as a built 3-D model (for all early childcare centres in Dunedin).
- Primary schools : each child should enter an individual design either as a paper concept drawing or as a built 3-D model (for Dunedin City Primary School children in years 1-8).
Pick up an entry form from Dunedin Public Libraries, bookbuses or University Book Shop Otago and get designing! Or download the entry form here. You could win a cool prize for you and your school or Early Childhood Centre!
Bring your models to your local public library or University Book Shop before the closing date. Concept drawings from primary school students may be emailed to email@example.com with “BEST NEST” in the subject heading, posted to Kay Mercer, Dunedin City Library, PO Box 5542 Dunedin 9054, or taken to your public library or University Book Shop.
Finalists will be displayed at the Dunedin Botanic Garden Information Centre throughout November-December in a special exhibition. For finalists: If you would like your work returned it must be collected from the Dunedin Botanic Garden Information Centre before Friday January 31st. If you are not selected as a finalist and you would like your work returned it must be collected from Urban Dream Brokerage, Dunedin City Centre (Location and final collection date to be advised).
Closing date: Midnight Thursday 31st October 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Competition open to primary school children in Dunedin in years 1 - 8, and all Dunedin Early Childhood Centres.
- The closing date for entries is midnight (NZT) on Thursday 31st October. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- Entries must be the child's own work.
- Only one entry per child.
- By entering this competition you indicate that you accept that your entry may be published in the Dunedin Public Libraries magazine, NB, and may also appear online via www.ignitionkids.nz or on the social media pages of Dunedin Public Libraries or Ignition Book Festival.
- Entries will be judged anonymously by our panel of judges, and winners will be notified by Friday 4th November.
- By entering this competition you indicate you accept that your work may be displayed publicly.
- The finalists' entries will be placed on public display at the Information Centre at the Dunedin Botanic Garden during the Ignition Children's Book Festival, and until the end of January 2020. By entering this competition, you accept that your entry will be displayed publicly at the Garden if you are selected as a finalist by the judging panel.
- Finalists must collect any work they wish to keep from the Dunedin Botanic Garden Information Centre before Friday January 31st 2020.
- If your work is not selected as a finalist and you would like it returned it must be collected from Urban Dream Brokerage, Dunedin City Centre (address and final collection date to be advised).
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judges' selection of winners.
- Winning primary school children will earn a prize for themselves and their school. The Early Childhood Centre winner will win a day trip to Orokonui Ecosanctuary for all the children at their centre.
- Winners will be announced during the Ignition Children's Book Festival 2019 at a public prizegiving event at the Dunedin Botanic Garden, 3pm on Saturday 9th November. Winners will be invited to attend to collect their prizes.
- Prizes will be book related for winners and their school.