Blue Oyster Proposals open for submissions
By Blue Oyster Art Gallery | Posted: Thursday August 2, 2018
Blue Oyster are currently accepting proposals for their 2019 Annual Programme as well as proposals towards the 2019 Blue Oyster Art Project Space and Caselberg Trust Summer Residency.
Blue Oyster invites inquisitive proposals that are new, innovative and free from commercial nature by solo, duo or collaborating artists and curators. Blue Oyster Arts Trust and the Director will prioritise proposals of a high-quality that focus on the development of experimental artistic practice and relate, add to and strengthen the diverse perspectives on local, national and global conversations.
The Trust aims to present original exhibitions that responds and works in harmony with the Blue Oyster space, locale and history. To read and understand more about the Trust's mission and goals visit our About Page online.
- Only emailed proposals in a single PDF with your name as the file name will be accepted. For more information on how to make a PDF, click here.
- Keep your proposal clear, succinct and specific as possible.
- Please refrain from submitting a proposal sent to another gallery or organisation. Proposals for exhibitions already exhibited will not be considered.
- As there are limited places available in the programme, we aren't able to accommodate all proposals submitted, but are happy to provide feedback to the best of our ability on the applicant's request.
- All proposals must be submitted by the closing deadline. Any proposals submitted after this time will not be considered.
Further Information For Applicants:
- By the closing date you will receive an email confirming we have received your proposal.
- You will be notified regarding the success of your proposal by Sunday 7 October, 2018.
- If your proposal is successful you will be reimbursed with a modest fee to assist with production, materials and transport. Blue Oyster also assists with install, deinstall, promotion, equipment and tools. If you live outside of Dunedin, you will be required to organise your own airfares and accomodation as well as extra freight costs.
- Exhibitors are required to sign an artist agreement, set achievable goals and expectations for the project with the Director as well as complete a survey after the exhibition.
- Blue Oyster Summer Residency is proudly presented alongside the Caselberg Trust with the intention of providing space, facilities and support for the successful applicant to develop their research and practice. The successful applicant will be provided with a modest fee to assist with production, material and transport, accomodation and the use of Charles Brasch Studio for January 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed).
- The outcome of the 2019 Summer Residency will be established in communication with the Director and Trust and it is expected an exhibition will be developed in the months following the completion of the residency.
Email your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the email subject line includes your name and either Exhibition Programme or Summer Residency.
Deadline: Friday 31 August, 2018.
Applicants will be notified by Sunday 7 October, 2018.
- Your Application Must Include:
- A 500 word written outline of your proposed project and how it fits into your current practice. Outlines that are self-aware, critical, well-researched and clearly written will be prioritised.
- 4-5 Examples of your previous work, written, photographic, audio and video documentation encouraged in links to websites.
- 1 page artist CV with bio that explains your professional background and experience.
- You are not required to send illustrated floor plans, please use the floor plans, sketch up file and equipment list below to write and inform your proposal.