What Lies Beneath: An Exhibition of New Zealand Children's War Stories
1 - 30 December 2016
The What Lies Beneath exhibition focusses on 10 New Zealand children's books about war, featuring the following works:
1. Glyn Harper and Jennifer Cooper ‘Gladys Goes to War’ (due out March)
2. Maria Gill and Marco Ivancic ‘Anzac Heroes’ (due out March)
3. Diana Menefy ‘1915 Wounds of War’
4. Anna Mackenzie ‘Evie’s War’
5. David Hill ‘Enemy Camp’ (due out February)
6. Fifi Colston ‘Red Poppy’ + peak view of new war book out 2017
7. Philippa Werry ‘Armistice Day’ (due out March)
8. Peter Millett ‘Anzac Puppy’
9. Melinda Szymanik ‘On a Winter’s Day’
10. Jennifer Beck and Robyn Belton ‘ The Bantam & the Soldier’
There will also be a chance to preview some of the participating authors’ current works-in-progress and due for publication in 2017.
Visit Dunedin City Library throughout December as the exhibition completes the Dunedin leg of its journey around New Zealand.
Books written by the featured authors from the Dunedin Public Libraries’ collection will be available to borrow.
School visits are welcome: please contact Su Ikin 03 474 3626 to arrange a tour.
2nd Floor, Dunedin City Library, Moray Place