NFFD Youth Competition
15 February - 15 April 2020
fingers comma toes is pleased to host 2020’s National Flash Fiction Day Youth Competition! The competition this year is free to all entries and open to international submissions.
About the 2020 NFFD Youth Competition:
- Submission period: 15 February to 15 April 2020
- Unthemed; previously unpublished work only
- Long lists announced in mid-May, shortlists in late May, winners on National Flash Fiction Day, June 22.
- Winners and short-listed work will be published in a special edition of fingers comma toes
Guest judge: Hannah Daniell is the winner of the 2019 National Flash Fiction Day Youth Competition, and an active member of the Christchurch writing community.
Submission guidelines (see General Rules for further details):
- What to submit:
- Short stories/prose up to 300 words excluding title
- Only previously unpublished work will be considered (see General Rules)
- Open competition; no theme or prompt
- Maximum 3 stories per entrant; please include submissions in one document
- How to submit:
- Submit through email at fingerscommatoes[at]gmail[dot]com
- Submit stories as one document
- Do not include author’s name or contact info on the submitted document, as submissions are judged blind (name may be included in the email or in any enquiries made to fingers comma toes)
- Send submissions as an attachment in one of the following formats: .txt, .doc, .docx, .rtf; please, no pdfs or Google Docs
- Who can submit:
- Entrants can be up to age 18 (for those 19 or older, please see nationalflash.org/competition)
- Competition is open to international entrants
- Family members of current judges are not eligible to enter the competition
The entries will be read by fingers comma toes editors with guest judge, Hannah Daniell. Judges’ decisions are final; no feedback will be offered on an individual basis. Winners and short-listed work will be published in a special edition of fingers comma toes.
See more details here: https://fingerscommatoes.wordpress.com/nffd-youth/