7 - 23 August 2020
It’s more important than ever that we support local and from Friday 7 August – Sunday 23 August here are a few ideas for enjoying the finest Dunedin hospitality.
In the interests of sustainability the Dine Dunedin programme is online https://dinedunedin.co.nz/
A few events which may tweak your interest are:
- Winner Dinner collab Logan Brown comes to Emerson’s, Tuesday 18August. A meeting of the chefs, the producers, the brewer and the distiller. Executive chef Shaun Clouston of Wellington’s Logan Brown is teaming up Emerson’s Executive chef & fellow ONZFPA judge, Andy Aitken to create a special five course menu.
- Red & Rum at The Portobello Hotel & Bistro, Thursday 20 August. A boat ride across the harbour to the hotel for an evening sharing stories from the past and enjoying a selection of rum and red wine matched to Kiwi cuisine.
- Chauffeured Dunedin Progressive Dinner for four www.eatdrinkdunedin.co.nz/toursDunedin’s ultimate dining experience - a chauffeur driven progressive dinner with an entrée in the private dining room at Larnach Castle, main in the city at tītī and desert at Luna overlooking the city to finish.
- A seven course evening dining experience at The Press Club in the newly refurbished Wains Hotel. Be among the first to enjoy this wonderful, elegant new city dining venue. Wains heyday is revived with its no expense spared refit. Take your place in the chic Press Club dining room and savour a delicious seven course dining experience. $65 per person
- South – Seafood, 7 course degustation Thursday 13 & Friday 14 August 2020. New seaside restaurant tītī is creating a seven course evening showcasing southern seafood as well as a second evening matching NZ wine to a six course dinner
- Degustation dinner at Bracken in collaboration with Cardrona DistilleryThursday 13 August, Bracken is partnering with Cardrona Distillery to create a six course dinner
- Wine & Dine Three Wineries Thursday 20 & Friday 21 August. tītī dinner matched to wines from Quartz Reef, Domaine Rewa & Escarpment, hosted by the winemakers
Dunedin Burger Society – throughout the festival https://dinedunedin.co.nz/2020-burgers
A festival of burgers supported by Dunedin’s Emerson’s Brewery. As well as creating its own Cheeky Burger showcasing smoked beef cheek Emerson’s are giving the venue with the winning burger – as voted by burger lovers through Dine Dunedin – a special six person beer tasting. Dunedin Burger Society features vegan and vegetarian burgers as well as Two Fat Stags burger made with a wild tahr and venison patty.
- Plant-based & whole-food Cookery Class
- Otago Farmers’ Market Tour and Cookery Class https://www.eatdrinkdunedin.co.nz/tours
- Fish Masterclass,Tuesday 18 August. Chef Sam Gasson from Moiety is collaborating with Nate Smith from Gravity Fishing to share insights into sustainable seafood.
- Speights and Evansdale Cheese Matching Sessions Enjoy a selection of the “Pride of the South” paired with a variety of Evansdale Cheese.
The full programme is here, book directly with each of the venues.