Call for UNESCO City of Literature Wonju Residency 2022
By Wonju City of Literature | Posted: Wednesday May 11, 2022
Wonju City of Literature offers a chance for writers from cities of literature to come to Wonju and stay at Toji Cultural Centre for eight weeks, as Wonju City of Literautre’s international level contribution to the cities of literature sub-network, designed to promote the understanding and the friendship of cities of literature. In the call of 2022, just like the call out in 2021, one writer from cities of literature and/or who have a close connection to cities of literature will benefit from the CoL Wonju Residency 2022.
Residency Call Details
- Closing Date of Application: June 9
- Announcement of Successful Recipient: July 8
- Place for Residency: Toji Cultural Centre
- Residency Duration: Eight weeks
- Initiating Date of Residency: September 1
- Ending Date of Residency: October 30
- Round-trip Air Ticket Provided
- Transportation on arrival and departure dates provided
- Organic meals are provided at the cafeteria of Toji Cultural Centre (For other details, please refer to ※ Note below at the end.)
- Writing Room: One of Rooms for Writers at Toji Cultural Centre provided
How to Apply
- Let us know about yourself
- Let us know about your literary works, achievements, awards, etc
- Let us know about your literary world
- Let us know about why you would like to come to Wonju
Note that you can write not more than one A4 sheet (12 font size at least) per each numbered subject above. Pages exceeding a total of four A4 sheets will not be considered. For fair assessment, additional portfolio and materials will not be considered, neither. Also, please write in the document if you are from or have a very strong connection to a city of literature. This will be verified through the contact with a focal point or coordinator of the city of literature once a final pick is done.
Language and Level
English is a must and applicants should possess the command of at least B2 level for communication.
Selection and Notification
We will go through 2nd phase of assessment based on the submitted document. One final recipient for the Residency will be decided by an independent panel designated by Toji Cultural Centre. Final notification will be available to both the recipient and the coordinator on July 8.
Requirements during Residency
No requirements for a successful writer. We want the recipient just to relax and engage in his/her creative activity as much as possible in such a tranquil environment around Toji Cultural Centre during the Residency. Korean writers and artists will stay at Toji Cultural Centre, we want the writer to forge friendship with them. Approximately fourteen other writers and artists will stay at Toji Cultural Centre from September 1 to October 30. Just like other writers and artists, the selected recipient should follow the rules of living established at Toji Cultural Centre.
Please send your application to email@example.com (Drake Yang) no later than June 9.
Only lunch on Saturdays is provided but no prepared meals are available on public holidays. It is also a rule that writers and artists prepare a breakfast of their own making with light bread and beverage served at the cafeteria. Each writer’s room has a small fridge, thus writers and artists can buy some food and drinks and keep them for their own light meal. A microwave oven, a relatively big refrigerator, a TV, a water dispenser, and a drum washer are all for everyone’s use and they are readily available in the lounge.