Plays for the Young Competition
By The Big Idea | Posted: Monday July 13, 2020
Do you have an original and inventive play written for young people, whether you are new or experienced in writing for the young? We are seeking plays written for young audiences and plays written by young writers.
Your play might be written for adults to perform to children or for young actors to perform themselves. It might be created specifically for the classroom by a teacher or by students themselves.
There are three categories and a winner will be awarded in each category. These are plays written for:
- 3-8 years
- 8-12 years
How to apply
Plays can be submitted through our website here.
- Open to any New Zealand citizen/permanent resident of any age.
- Produced and unproduced plays are eligible.
- Scripts may only be submitted to this competition once.
- You may enter a maximum of three scripts.
- There are no limits on length, or cast size.