Little Landers Literature
Literature and rugby are forming an alliance to bring the joy of reading to Dunedin’s children. The Little Landers Literature campaign has been developed to bring reading to those who would benefit most.
Under the programme, Highlanders players headed to Dunedin primary schools to read to pupils, and share stories about the books they loved to read. Research links literacy skills with a range of improved life outcomes.
A key goal of the City of Literature is to encourage a love of reading in children from an early age.
First round of the Little Landers Literature Programme
Local writer-illustrators Robyn Belton and Kathryn van Beek visited the schools to provide insights into the process of writing and illustrating. During their time together, the students wrote some wonderful stories.
- Tank the Flanker Bathgate Park School
- Otter Trouble Bradford School
- The Birthday Boy Brockville School
- The Vegan Lion Carisbrook School
- The First Donkey in Space Concord School
- Socks or Sausages? Pine Hill School